Feel at Home
What is Feel At Home?
Feel at Home is a service which allows Three customers to use their devices abroad at no extra cost in 42 countries. You can text, call and even browse the internet abroad without paying any extra money, it all just comes out of your standard monthly allowance.
That’s a big deal as most networks charge a premium to use your device abroad, particularly when using data, which can quickly rack up wallet-busting charges.
How do I activate Feel At Home roaming?
Follow the simple steps below to active Feel At Home.
Login to your My3 account or open the My3 application on your device
Open the "International Settings" section
Enable roaming for both calls and internet
Turn on roaming on your phone (iPhone - Settings > General > Network > Data roaming) (Android - Settings > Mobile Network > Data Roaming) (Windows - Settings > Mobile Network > Data Roaming)
You’ll then get a text confirming the standard international roaming charges for the country you are in. Then another confirming that calls and texts back to the UK and the use of data will not cost any extra.
Which plans come with Feel At Home?
Feel At Home is currently included with all:
- Advanced Pay Monthly and SIM Only phone plans
- All Pay Monthly mobile broadband and tablet plans
- All SIM Only mobile broadband/tablet plans
- Pay As You Go phones and Pay As You Go mobile broadband plans
The only plans you can't get Feel At Home on are Three's Essential Plans, which are available available on select Pay Monthly phones and SIM Only plans for phones
How much does Feel At Home cost?
Feel At Home is included with all Advanced plans at no extra cost.
I'm already a Three customer do I have Feel At Home?
Whether you have Feel At Home depends on when you joined Three and what type of plan you have.
- If you joined Three before the 12th July 2016 you will be able to make use of Feel At Home as it was included with all plans.
- If you joined after 12th July 2016 you have Feel At Home as long as your tariff has Advanced Plan in the name (or is a Pay As You Go, tablet or mobile broadband plan).
If you are in any doubt you can login to your My3 Account to view plan details.
What countries are Feel At Home destinations?
Feel At Home is currently available in 42 countries.
The original 16 countries are :Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Macau, New Zealand, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Sweden and the United States.However, In September 2016 another 24 countries were added bringing the total number of Feel At Home destinations to 42.
The countries added in September were Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
What's included with Feel At Home and what's not?
Feel At Home enable you to use your call and text allowance to call back home to the UK and your data allowance to browse abroad.
- All calls and texts to the UK (within your standard allowance).
- Use your data allowance abroad at no extra cost.
- It's always free to receive and send calls in a Feel At Home destination. When calling back to the UK you need to replace the first 0 with +44
- You can stream and connect to Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
What's not included
- Those with unlimited data can only use up to a maximum of 12GB data. Those with unlimited texts can send up to 5000 texts and the maximum amount of your minutes allowance that can be used is 3000.
- Feel At Home is designed for those on business trips or holidays abroad. Not for extended periods of time.
- Tethering when in a Feel At Home destination.
- Number that start with 070, 084, 087, 09 and 118 are not included in your allowance.
- You can’t use your minutes allowance to make calls to local or other international numbers.You can only use your inclusive minutes to call back to the UK.
How much can Feel at Home really save me?
A lot! Three has revealed that in the first two years after launch Feel at Home saved customers a whopping £1.3 billion and five months later that went up to £2.6 billion. Even on an individual level customers are estimated to have saved an average of £202 each year in roaming costs.
How much does it cost if I go over my allowances or use my device in countries that are not yet included in Feel At Home?
You can find out how much it costs to use your phone, tablet or mobile broadband device in countries outside your allowances and those not covered by Feel At Home quickly and easily here. Receiving texts and calls is always free in Feel at Home destinations.