What is a SIM Only plan?
A SIM Only deal offers you a bundle of minutes, texts and data just like a standard mobile phone contract. However, the difference is that you don't get a smartphone, you only get a SIM Card included, which enables you to save a significant amount of money.
What are the benefits of SIM Only deals?
There are a host of reasons to choose a SIM Only plan with the main ones being:
- Save money on your bill
SIM Only plans offer you even better value because the operators don't have to offset the cost of a mobile phone enabling you to get more minutes, data and texts for less which is great news for those who are happy with their existing phone or tablet.
- More flexibility with shorter contract lengths
Waiting for the next big smartphone or tablet? SIM Only contracts are perfect for you because they come with shorter contract lengths than standard 24 month mobile contracts. SIM Only plans are available on 12 month or 1 month rolling contracts. Or you can choose a Pay As You Go SIM card for even more flexibility.
- Keep your number
You can quickly and easily bring over your existing number to Three SIM Only. Find out more.
Why Choose Three SIM Only?
SIM Only contracts and Pay As You Go SIMs on Three come with a host of added extras that you won't get elsewhere including:
- Free 4G for all - All 3 SIM Only plans come with '4G at no extra cost'. If you don't have a 4G phone or aren't in a coverage area don't worry you'll still be able to use Three's 3G network.
- Free Roaming Abroad - Use your minutes, text and data abroad at no extra cost in 19 Feel At Home destinations, which now include Spain and New Zealand.
- Free 0800 Calls - Contract SIM plans on 3 come with free calls to 0800 numbers!
- Unlimited data - Truly unlimited data plans on Three with no catches.
- Tethering included - Contract SIM Only plans come with tethering included enabling you to share your data with other devices using a personal hotspot. You can now use up to 30GB tethering per month!
You can also get a free SIM card to top up when you please.
Do Three's SIM Cards also support 4G?
All SIM deals come with a SIM card that supports both 3G and 4G networks. The best news of all is that every customer gets 4G at no extra cost. All you need is a 4G ready phone (which most are) and you'll automatically connect to the 4G network when in a coverage area and when you are not you'll automatically roll back onto the 3G network.
Does Three really offer unlimited data SIM Cards?
Yes, SIM Cards with truly unlimited data are available with no catches on Three. They are perfect for those who are always browsing the web on the move. All unlimited data plans on 3 come with 4G at no extra cost, along with tethering included and free roaming abroad in 18 countries.
Is tethering included?
Tethering is included with all 3 Pay Monthly SIM plans. The only restriction is that those with unlimited data can only use a maximum of 30GB per month tethering and tethering isn't included on Three Pay As You Go.
Which type of SIM Card do I need?
The type of SIM card you need depends on the device you want to use with your SIM card. There are 3 SIM types (Standard, Micro and Nano), but you also need to consider when you need a SIM for a phone or a data only SIM for a tablet, dongle or MiFi device.
If in any doubt you can always call Three for help free on 0800 358 9048.
- Standard SIM - For use in the majority of older phones and the majority of mobile broadband and MiFi dongles.
- Micro SIM - For use in the majority of modern smartphones including iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Popular tablets with a micro SIM include the Apple iPad, Apple iPad 2 and the Apple iPad 4.
- Nano-SIM - For use in many of the latest smartphones including the iPhone 6S, Samsung Galaxy S7 and HTC 10. Along with the latest tablets including the iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 4.